View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 02:20 PM
JENNR8R

Default Blue Ridge Beauty

I wanted to make an all-blue version of Bonnie Hunter's Blue Ridge Beauty. I saved blue squares for years, joined the 2016/2017 Birthday Swap of 2.5" squares, and thought I would have enough different blue fabrics to have no repeats. Alas, after pulling out all of the blues from the swap, I was still short about 300 different fabrics. I was tired of waiting, so I went ahead and used fabric repeats.

Originally, the quilt had a four-inch navy blue border. After it was quilted the waves on the edges were BAD! I'm not sure what went wrong. I never had a quilt with wavy edges before. It could have been that the border was quilted heavier than the body of the quilt. I thought about blocking the quilt, but it would be a hassle every time it was washed to have to block it again. I ended up cutting off three inches of the outside border. That was painful, but the edges aren't wavy anymore. Now the proportions of the borders look bad.

Another casualty is the border on the pieced back. Oh well, finished is better than perfect, right?
Attached Thumbnails blue-rippled-border.jpg   blue-cut-border.jpg   blue-large2.jpg   blue-back-large.jpg   blue-back-border-large.jpg