View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 08:43 AM
letawellman

Originally Posted by LaurMac View Post
I have never signed up to complete UFOs because I don't think I can ever catch up! I write a newsletter for my quilt guild and am constantly getting inspired to try something to write about it. But I have to do something now, so I'm going to sign up for this, put a post-it note on my monitor to remind me and try to report back. Thanks for running this!
Since you write the newsletter for the quilt, why not do an article on UFO's, and perhaps even do a UFO Challenge for your guild? That would do "double duty" as it were - give both you AND your guild inspiration to conquer some UFO's! You might even give kudos to our group here for a cumulative of well over 400 finishes last year. THAT'S inspiration!!

Several of us are striving for one per month for this year, including myself. That was my goal for last year as well, and I DID reach that goal... although I started the year off with a bang, and ended with a fizzle, I did manage a total of 12 finishes. And if you are like most of us, quilting is not the only craft we do - ANY UFO (crochet, knitting, etc.) qualifies - our focus is on FINISHING a project that has languished - forgotten, unloved, hidden away - and getting that puppy completed, some how, some way.

Good luck, and keep us posted!