Old 01-16-2017, 10:54 AM
givio

ddtrina, I'd say if you are accurate in your cutting and sewing, you don't need to trim off slivers... I didn't... If you are making the quilt for yourself, just do as you like! If you can match up your points well enough to suit youself-- do you really care if the seam on both sides is 'just so' and equal? I don't. It's on the back, inside the quilt, who will see it?

Besides not squaring up the units, I didn't pre-wash and iron my fabric, I didn't twirl the center seams on the 4-patches, I didn't cut off dog ears, and I'm planning on not mitering the corners of my binding. lol Oh, yeah, and I didn't use a design wall (or design bed, or floor). I just sewed together the units at random from my little stacks.

My changes are the center of the block star and the tri-rec star are one constant fabric, all my QSTs are green/neutral, and the blue 4-patch I switched to a neutral 4-patch in the sashes so that the 'circles' are not all attached with each other. (I wanted less blue in the top.)

I have 2 sashes to sew on vertically, on the outer edges, which I'll add to the border then sew to the quilt center. So, basically, I've just the border left to do! Pretty excited about that! :-)
Attached Thumbnails 112.jpg  

Last edited by givio; 01-16-2017 at 11:07 AM.