Old 01-16-2017, 01:56 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
I would think a "sewing machine rep" is far different than a "vintage machine technician". To me, a "rep" is going to try to sell me a modern machine. No thank you!
A vintage machine technician is a far different creature than a "rep".

With the older machines, there are certain basic principles that apply to ALL non-computerized machines. If you have an older, "non-computerized" machine, these basics are well-worth knowing and understanding how to apply to maintaining your vintage machine's efficiency.
I would have no problem attending a seminar where the technician discusses and demonstrates techniques to maintain/fix the vintage machine. What I would have issue with (and I hear it on boards all the time) is the intentional tearing down (insulting) of newer machines...they are too plastic, won't last, have to be taken in to be services, and on and on). It is like an us against them mentality that I don't appreciate at all. Have left forums because of that attitude. Not everyone wants a vintage and is perfectly happy with their "modern" machines.

So if the technician stays neutral, it could be a very helpful seminar. Otherwise, not at all.