View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:27 PM
mzskunk

Default replacement zigzag gear

Originally Posted by hartann View Post
Hi, I recently found a Dressmaker SWA 2000 and the hand wheel wouldn't turn easily for the entire circle. I discovered that the zigzag gear, a small white toothed gear was broken, i removed most of it, can't get to all of it, set the machine for 3 on the zigzag width so that the needle would be in the middle, and it sews a beautiful straight stitch, now, when I couldn't get it to sew at all prior to removing that gear. I have looked all over and cannot find a replacement for it, however, I believe that your gear has been removed which is why it only sews straight. I am wondering if you had a zigzag cam, if it would work, then. I am now searching for cams for this machine. Thanks so much
ann in maine
I was able to remove my broken zigzag gear and replace it using this gear from eBay. It is a Kenmore part. Its shaft is a little bit shorter than Dressmaker but that's just a part of the gear that extends under the mounting hole and doesn't affect its performance. The lobe is the same, as well as the thickness of the shaft and the distance between the lobe and the collar. The set screw still reaches the shaft and it works perfectly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321483108400?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by mzskunk; 01-17-2017 at 08:31 PM.