View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 AM
littlebitoheaven

I lay a king-size flat sheet onto my wood floor. Tape it at corners and a few tapes in the mid section to the floor (try to keep the sheet smooth). I lay my backing down right side down on the sheet then my batting. I pull the batting back half way, spray the backing, then pick up the batting and (more or less) walk it forward, lay it flat and then on my hands and knees, I press it down with my hands. Repeat other end of batting. I lay quilt top down and try to center it as best I can. Fold it back half way and spray the batting. I walk the quilt down with stocking feet and tap it down as I go. THen hands and knees again and smooth quilt from center out to edges (carefully). Then do the same thing at the other end. I then run my hands over the whole quilt top from center to outside smoothing and pressing as I go. The backing and batting usually are sticky so I fold the outside edge to the edge of quilt top and press down. Sometimes clip the edges while FMQ the quilt. I have used this method on all my quilts and it has worked for me. Also, turn the whole thing over on the sheet and smooth backing. The spray is repositionable so can be carefully lifted up and replaced. This works for me. Good luck.