View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:04 AM
rryder

I lay my batting down on my large cutting table, aligning one edge with the long edge of the table and one edge with the short edge of the table, I just let any excess hang off the other long side of the table. Then I spray the part of the batting that is on the table. Next I lay my backing fabric face up over the batting, being careful to line the edges up with the table just like I did with the batting, then I make any adjustments needed and smooth it down. When that part is nicely smoothed and stuck down, I shift it around so that parts that were off the table are now on the table and do the same procedure to finish getting the backing on, then I flip it over, and put the top on in the same way. I also add some safety pins just to make sure nothing shifts while I'm quilting. I can baste a fairly large quilt very quickly this way without having to get down on my hands and knees on the floor.

I don't bother clamping anything to the table, and have never had a problem with puckers or wrinkles.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 01-18-2017 at 11:07 AM.