View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 PM
letawellman

Love the finishes, Kristi!! And you are the only one who will know that they ended up differently than the original plan - everyone else will look and say "what beautiful quilts!!" It looks like you are our Engine on this train!! Alas, I think I'm the caboose for now.

Customer came by and picked up her first quilt - her second one was still on the frame. I had stopped in the middle of a row (pantograph) because the more I did, the less I was happy with it. However, when she walked in, that's the first thing she saw, and she LOVES how it's going. SO, I will not be frogging this one after all!! I have my longarm meeting this Saturday and we're meeting friends for dinner Saturday night, so hopefully I can finish her quilt #2 between morning and evening church services on Sunday.
Then it will be the consignment quilt....
Then it will be the "Custom quilting" customer quilt #3.

THEN... perhaps... I can get some UFO's knocked out.

For those of you who are in the Charlotte metro/Upstate SC area, Foust Textiles in Kings Mountain will be having their "open to the public" sale Feb. 10 & 11. I hope to get a roll (or maybe two?) of batting, and possibly some wide backing. If I get the backing, it will kind of/sort of knock me "off the wagon" of the Fabric Moratorium. I have SOME backing... enough to finish 3 queen quilts... but if my customer base continues to grow, that will run out pretty quick. And it's nice to have something on hand that's neutral enough to go with most anything.

Oh well, we'll see how that goes.