View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 08:05 PM
el301

Default Parlor cabinet assistance please :)

Hi everyone! Apologies, I imagine requests for identification help are posted daily, but I've spent hours Googling and don't know where else to turn!

Ive been gifted this parlor cabinet for an early Valentines present. I know nothing of it's history. It has been extensively restored it seems before I acquired it. Many of the screws and latches appear new. It has the foot pedal and wheel, and a single bracket which I'm assuming is part of the lifting mechanism for the absent machine. Nothing seems to have patent numbers apart from the bracket, not even catches or hinges (unless it's on their reverse). There are strange recessed wooden castors on the base. I've never seen castors held in by bent metal rods rather than the usual set up.

So, I'm wondering please if anyone has any ideas as to age and what type of wood it's made from? It would be nice to fit a sewing machine to it that would be suitable - is there any way of telling what brand may have gone inside it? I thought the foot pedal might be an indentifier (it has a heart pattern on it) but nothing comes up when I google....

Any assistance would be gratefully received! I'm not exaggerating when I say I've researched for hours and I've found practically nothing, and it's driving me nuts!

https://imgur.com/gallery/DFR1b