Thread: March - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Janice McC

You may edit your post only within the first 20 minutes. To do so, look at the bottom of the post and I believe it's a pencil with an eraser. Click that and your post should pop up and you may edit it. If you miss the 20 minute window, just make a new post. No problem.

Regarding duplicate blocks, Boomers USUALLY, not always, post pictures of the blocks they make as they make them. I then TRY to pick up those pix within a few days and post them in the gallery. If everyone checks the gallery and is keeping up with the posts, seldom is there a duplication. However, it happens and I don't think anyone regards it as a big deal as the fabrics you will be adding are different than the ones the other swappers add.

For everyone, please remember that moving pix to the gallery is a multi-step process and is something I do when I have the time. I cannot always do it right away and sometimes it's longer than a few days. That's one reason it behooves you all to check this board regularly, even frequently. Please do not rely on the gallery alone to see if the block you wish to make has already been made. Check the threads.

AND as long as I'm on the subject of pix...SHRINK YOUR PIX! NO 3 megabyte photos please. SHRINK them to 200 kb or less. That will help the QB pages load more quickly when we get photo heavy, which is about to happen. ALSO, it keeps me from having to do it to move them to the gallery. If gigantic files are posted, I probably won't move them to the gallery right away (ever?) as it takes me extra time. We will have over 500 pix posted here and I really don't want to have to tell you the time involved in the gallery. It's my choice to work the gallery but I depend upon you to make it feasible. So please everyone, help me out by posting small pix.

More info than you all wanted but there it is. And as many of you know, I seldom say something in 10 words when I can say it in 20.

Originally Posted by jlt37869 View Post
Is there a way to edit your post??!?!?!?!

I wanted to add to my previous post to say that duplicate blocks are not at all an issue for me in regard to the blocks being made with my fabric. I was just curious how that situation was managed as I see how it could be an issue for others in the group. Or maybe it's not a concern because the chances of it happening are so small?