Thread: March - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Janice McC

JLT, great questions...please make your block as YOU would prefer to make it.

Press as you wish. I also press to the side except when there's going to be a huge amount of bulk.

Thread color: Try to make it blend in but you do not need to change threads within a single block. I think that's overkill. Most neutrals will blend but a red on a white block, or white on a mostly black block would be something to avoid.

Photos: you may post them here, or you may also post to an album you make through the QB but if you'd like to see your pix in the gallery which a lot of people use, you will have to post here. See my previous post on photo size. IT IS IMPORTANT.

Edited to add for everyone, BLOCKS ARE TO MEASURE 12 1/2 INCHES SQUARE. I do expect everyone to measure. It's not an option!

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by jlt37869 View Post
A few (newbie) Boom questions:

1) Seam pressing. Any rules? I typically press to the side. If anyone wants their seams pressed open, please let me know.
2) Thread color/brand. Any specific rules? I usually use Gutermann 100% cotton in neutrals such as tan or gray.
3) How do we avoid duplicate blocks within the group or is that not a concern? For example, I am making a paper pinwheel block for All2piece's GD. When/where do we post photos of our blocks?

Thanks!

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-19-2017 at 01:01 PM.