View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Dolphyngyrl

There is no such thing as a lintless cotton thread. All of them produce lint at a higher concentration than poly threads, There are higher quality threads that the way they are manufactured produces lest lint. the phrase Egyptian long staple cotton is what you are looking for and there are only a few manufacturers who make their thread this way. The only cotton I have actually seen less lint from is by the brand superior but I haven't tried presencia or wonderfils cotton threads. I have tried all other brands. Superiors also hardly ever shreds on me. it is high quality. I do love wonderfils poly piecing threads. They are marvelous but so is superiors cotton an poly threads. I highly reccomend decobob by wonderfil or so fine by superior as poly threads if you are concerned about lint, decobob being my fave for poly. Superior is my fave for cotton It beats out many brands IMHO. I have heard good things about presencia but have not tried my spools yet. But I prefer superior to YLI and aurifil by far lint wise and shredding wise. My best suggestion to you is just try a few different brands to see what suits you. Many love aurifil and I hated it so to each her own