View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 05:06 AM
labtechkty

Smile

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thanks for the quick post back of the photo .... it's eve nicer once I see the whole thing!
Whomever is the recipient is certainly one very fortunate and much loved wee Miss!

Sorry for the confusion ... when I said lighter, I was actually meaning the darker of the two .... and thinking lighter in comparison to the strawberry strips! Here we go again, re red and pink ........ when I look at the photo, yes the pink satin matches the pinks in your quilt, but because they are subtly there, we don't really see them from the distance. Whereas the green and strawberry, and even the blues show up in the photo. Because of the strength/intensity of the green and strawberries, I think you need a strong coloured frame around the whole thing, when you do your ruffle.

So to me, the green to use, would be the background green already there, as you are not adding in a new colour. Bonus ... to me, the green satin would look quite luxurious too once it is ruffled up

And definitely keep the pale pink minky ... I love that stuff and still want to put it on the back of a quilt for me!

Just the explanation about my thoughts ... you really do need to do what you want and like the most!

Regardless of what you choose, you've got a treasure of a quilt!
I have to agree..The green would definitely make it pop..but then again if that is what you have and what you want to use, go for it..the lucky little one receiving this cutie will not notice the binding..