View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 09:16 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by el301 View Post
Thank you! Yes, I feel very fortunate to have such a beautiful piece! I'm the type that gets bugged if I don't know the provenance though Yes, I wonder too about its original price - you would think that it would be expensive due to the detail, but then it has a very very basic set of casters. I'd say either they're not original or the piece is fairly old (but then it has an Art Nouveau influence which puts it at the turn of the century). Or possibly not from U.K./USA but somewhere with a more rustic style of cabinetry. I wish I at least knew something lol

I have dial-up at home and so when I had a chance while at work, I checked your pictures out. It reminded me of a cabinet that I had seen in a replica of the "1908 Sears, Roebucks Catalogue."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566354[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the scan, but it is rather thick and hard to get it all in and somewhat legible. It doesn't have the solid wood work on top like yours does, but looks like some similarities, if I remember correctly.

I'm glad that you were able to find the internal mechanisms. Good luck on your journey to find a machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails scan-638x825x.jpg