Old 01-21-2017, 04:40 PM
mjpEncinitas

Default Used sit down machine: Sweet Sixteen or George

I was at Road to Ca this week (dangerous) and took a class using the Sweet Sixteen machine. The machine was wonderful and I got 6 hours on the machine.

The cost to buy a road machine was too much and I am now looking at used machines.

The sixteen dealers were wonderful, when I told them that it was out of my reach. One dealer is going to try to connect me with one of his customers who is selling hers. He is familiar with the machine. 4 year old model but probably with all the bells and whistles $3500, Low usage. She owns a longarm too. Price at show for class models $5200. I have also seen two machines within 2 hours driving distance of me that are in the $4000, price range. These would be sales with private parties but I would be able to try out the machines.

I also tried a George, very, very nice. It seemed a little better made. The dealer had a floor model that he has used in his shop for demos for 3 years. Right now company will only give 1 year warranty. I told him if they would consider a lifetime warranty call me. $5500 not the newest model but close enough that he uses it for demos.

What do you think?
Any hints on buying/testing a sit down machine?
Pros/Cons of each of these machines? I welcome the comments of the Sweet Sixteen users, especially about if you miss the upgrades the new machines have.

If you have a George please comment, there are a lot fewer of you. Is it worth an extra $2000?

Please give me the Good, The Bad and the Ugly! service for used machines not purchased from a dealer would be especially helpful.

Thank you,
Mary Jo