Thread: Dolphin Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Luray831

Default Dolphin Dilemma

Hi Quilters! Help! Using a photograph as my guide, I sketched my dolphins onto muslin and glued batik scraps between the lines of my sketch, then outlined the shapes with rat tail cord. Using basting spray, I unsuccessfully tried to secure a deep blue-purple tulle over the design, but ended up using pins (through the entire sandwich) for basting. Including the outside borders, this will measure about 36" square, and I cut the backing/batting large enough to self bind if this looks to be the right option. Now the problem... how to quilt, All recommendations of any kind are welcome and appreciated, including thread type and colors, stitch patterns, etc. Please keep in mind, this is the first type of art quilt I have tried, and I consider my quilting skills as beginner. I know you quilters hold my answer! I eagerly await your responses.

FYI, gorgeous and inspirational art quilts and other quilts hang in the Suwannee Valley Quilt Shop in Trenton, FL. This complex is well worth an entire day of your time.

Attached are photos 1-3, my batik efforts, and the fourth is
my reference photograph.

Thank you,

Cheryl
Attached Thumbnails win_20170122_101415.jpg   win_20170122_101405.jpg   win_20170122_101354.jpg   win_20150617_091543.jpg