View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 11:29 AM
redstilettos

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
redstilettos, I have thought about buying one many times just never have. I don't have a problem with the rotary cutter and just thought it might end up to be a "what was I thinking type buy". The dies are so expensive and I wonder if I'd really use it or if it would end up being more trouble to get it ready to cut than just cut it and be done.
The die that comes with the 2.5" square comes with the set, so that is a draw. My biggest thing is I get impatient with the rotary cutter and then I either get uneven cuts because the ruler moved, or I end up cutting my finger (pointer finger, usually in the same spot). Personally, I call the rotatory cutters my "wheel of death" LOL.

It's a great investment. Yes, the dies could get out of control with your wallet, but for me, I have a few standard shapes that I use all the time and it is paying for itself with not ruining cuts of fabric.

We have a Ben Franklin that will rent you one with the die of your choice for $7.50 for 30 mins, or $15/hr. Nice to try it out. I might do that for the log cabin cutting as I really don't plan on making enough of those to justify the die. Might be something to look into