Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Janice McC

If your little guy has any stomach issues, try pumpkin, canned or fresh cooked and puréed. Super high in fiber and it calms the stomach and keeps "things" moving along well. We add a couple of teaspoons to both our dogs' dry food and it helps to quiet the pibble's acid reflux and reduce the need for daily antacids. She only takes meds 3 times a week now. Also, my old dog just plain likes it and it can only help her, too.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
SUCCESS!!!!! at last. We rescued a little 2 lb toothless yorkie a couple of months ago, this little guy is about the pickiest eater I have ever come across. He loves sugar, but the only food we have found he will eat he is allergic to. We've had to keep him on steriods and even then he pulls his hair out and has a horrible rash itches all the time. I feel bad for the little guy but he is refusing all food we try. He won't even consider canned food, but he can't eat the hard and even if he could it is full of the allergens that are making him sick in the first place. So anyway I got on line and found a "recipe" w/ hamburger, eggs (with shell ground) sweet potato and broccoli AND HE ATE IT!!!!! It takes about 10 minutes to make it and I can make a weeks worth or so, and is soooooo much cheaper then the fancy food we've been trying to get him to eat. Now let's see if his rash clears.

Now if only the little man in my head would quit poking my ear w/ the ice pic all would be grand.