Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 12:33 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I saved several blocks I thought would be cool w/ stripes (just in case, lol lol lol) One of the more complicated ones (hence more intriguing to me) will only work w/ Sewbiz's stipe. I drew it out odd shapes, odd sizes, then drew and cut individual color coded pieces from construction paper, dry fitted it, found some issues, I think corrected them. But the more I think about it the more I think I'll work this one up in my fabrics first, something is nagging at me, don't know what, but this one takes every thread of her striped fabric, any mistakes and the pieces will be hard to rework into something else b/c of the odd shapes and sizes.
You're an inspiration... can't wait to see my block. So happy the striped piece went to you!

I just got in from the gym, where I taught my senior yoga class. They do squats (chair pose) and lunges (warrior poses) in every class. In their regular Silver Sneakers (not yoga) they even do one legged squats! I love keeping them healthy. Would love to sit them on the big balls, but without an assistant I'm afraid someone would roll off and crack their head! They need spotters for that one, but what a great exercise! In my water class we try anything, because they aren't going to hurt themselves if they fall off balance in the water. I wish I had assistants.