Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 03:53 PM
marija

mjp the name is Marija not Maritza. Enjoyed the class Tues., see you Friday.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
You go travelinggramma. I love to hear these kind of stories.

I had my first of 2017 FallProof class with Maritza in it yesterday. We had fun. We sat on big stability balls, closed our eyes and moved around. We practiced the first strategy the body uses to prevent falls; ankle strategy and we practiced walking and stopping in ready position in case a 2 year old grandchild or cute little yorkie is running at us full tilt. We also do squats in my class. I tell them you gotta be able to get on and off the pot (toilet) or else your kids will send you to assisted living.

Two 90 year olds and 9 youngsters (70s and 80s) and four assistants in the class. Maritza was the fastest again, not that its ever a race. We all did great. Wish I could include all of you who need it in the class.

BTW my almost 95 year old mother lives in NY in a senior home, independent living . She has a better social life than I do. Life has been very good for her the last 14 years, living in this place. She has no qualms about moving to assisted living there if/when she needs it. I have to admit she does do her squats every day though.