View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 05:36 AM
IrishgalfromNJ

Default Spool Pin Doily Pattern

I love the spool pin doilies that I see in pictures of vintage machines and I wanted to make some for myself. There are only a few patterns on the web and they weren't what I wanted. I wanted something that looked like a flower and was easy to make, so I made up my own pattern. They take about 15 minutes to make and I've made enough for all of my machines, even the non-vintage ones.

Here's a picture of what it looks like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566779[/ATTACH]
Here's the pattern.

Use six strands of embroidery floss with a size 1 (2.35 mm) steel crochet hook.

Round 1: Chain 4, join with a slip stitch to the first chain to make a ring.

Round 2: Chain 3 (counts as a double crochet) and make 11 double crochets in the ring for a total of 12 stitches, join with a slip stitch to the third chain in the beginning chain 3.

Round 3: Chain 1, make a single crochet in the first stitch, chain 3 and single crochet in the same stitch, make a single crochet in the next stitch, chain 3 and single crochet in the same stitch, do this in each of the 12 stitches around, join with a slip stitch to the beginning chain 1.

Round 4: Chain 1, make a single crochet in the first chain 3 space, chain 3 and single crochet in the chain 3 space, make a single crochet in the next chain 3 space, chain 3 and single crochet in the same chain 3 space, do this in each of the 12 chain 3 spaces around, join with a slip stitch to the beginning chain 1, cut yarn, fasten off, and weave in ends.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails img_0818.jpg