Thread: April - Boom 18
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 06:31 AM
Janice McC

Kassaundra, it's lovely. Love it!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Okay sewbiz I have your block finished. I've been in jail all week sick so have done more sewing then I thought I would this early. It turned out more "old fashioned" looking then I thought, in the picture I was following the colors were more modern and graphic. Over all I am happy w/ how it turned out. Definitely glad I did this one, but would NEVER do a quilt of them!!!! lol lol I had intended to make the (yellow) diamonds two tone green like leaves, but none of my greens played well together and w/ your fabrics, the one that did tried to take over the whole block so pale yellow it was. I had to include a close up of that center I was especially proud of it that doesn't happen often for me for an 8 point center. And the other pic was the practice block I still need to finish, but shows the two tone idea I had.
MJP, first block done so now it's time to just play with the fabrics and enjoy them. I love how you kept a large piece of Jaba's fabric intact; sometimes it's difficult to cut large scale prints up. Congrats!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
My first Boom block. It's not a Kass block but it was fun to make and 12 1/2 inch square with no problem. JABA that fabric is so beautiful, it was hard to cut into it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]566766[/ATTACH]