View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by june6995
i learned something about machine service that made me sick!

I had been taking my New Home computerized machine for cleaning and was most often told it was full of lint. The price went from $50 to $75 and at a point I said to hubby "this machine is old enough that I think we shoud take it out of the case and clean it ourselves." Out came the tools and we took the bottom off. WHAT???? have I been paying for? Everything was sealed. There was absoutely no part of the workings of that machine visible. The only place lint could go was in the race. And a vacuum will suck it out. I have not taken my machine back for service since. I also was suckered in and won't let this happen again.

Many older machines have exposed parts underneath, but since this is a sealed machine, there was no reason other than to rip off his dumb customers who thought there was lint in the bottom. I was mortified...and quite a bit smarter.

For assistance in "sucking" the lint out of the race, I suggest the use of a spare turkey baster. I have one that fits into the end of the hose on my vacuum, and I does a great job on the machine and also my serger. Sure is cheaper than what I have been paying. No More!

Have a great day and use those bucks for fabrics!

June
Another option is get a can of compressed air.. perfect to use in those teenie tiny spots your vacuum hose can't get into!