Thread: paper piecing
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM
nanabirdmo

i love paper piecing but didn't have a clue about this "exotic" animal until i saw a notice of a paper pieced pineapple class at my local quilt shop.
i saw that it was for beginners and taught by someone i had taken a class from already and decided to dive in.
it was the best class i ever took. super easy!!!!!!!i can't stress how easy and fun this method turned out to be.
however, if i hadn't taken the class i don't know if i ever would have tried it. i am a very visual learner and my little brain often needs hands on to get the hang of something.
so if there is a new method that you want to learn, visit your quilt shop or guild. my quilt shop will do a class if you can get 3 or 4 people to sign up. i understand that some shops require that you purchase material from them to take their class. this one doesn't but you do sometimes have to have the book that applies to the class.
i'm not in a guild (except for this one )but i have heard that they do classes also.
i don't try to paper piece everything but sometimes it is just the best therapy. i usually keep a paper piecing project going so that when i just need a quick sewing fix i can sit down and do a block or 2.
talk about instant gratification!!