View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 07:27 PM
the King's kid

Red face Three Dudes jelly roll quilt

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
I'm trying to come up with a good layout for my version of the Three Dudes jelly roll quilt. Because my strip sets have such a huge difference in color it is a bit more challenging than I anticipated. Picture to follow
I agree with "quiltsRfun" suggestion about using the patterns as a border. Also, you could make a "Tic Tac Toe" design in the center so they work together with the border mentioned. Sketch a "Tic Tac Toe" design on paper and see how it will look. Rather than have three "X" designs vertically or horizontally in one row, make it more interesting by 'scattering' the blocks in a T-T-T design. Example: 1 "X" top row; 1 "X" on either end of the middle row; 1 "X" bottom; another "X" elsewhere, as if a player was looking to make a score but not quite there. All the other blocks have color of fabric that is not in your design. Just a thought. If you have a relationship with God Almighty, ask for His help. He has never let me down. Fourteen quilts I made in 2014 were His suggestions. He told me and I followed His lead.

Last edited by the King's kid; 01-27-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Wrote it alittle different for better understanding of the reader.