View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 08:56 AM
KathyJB

I think you are wonderful for replying at all. Time with family is precious.

I put the little spring arm back into the middle slot, but I unfortunately bent that screw. Never fear I ordered another one plus some sewing machine oil. I need to service my other machines.
I didn't notice the notch in the black plastic gear so I'll check to make sure it's in the spring arm

I did more research about why the handwheel isn't turning. Not much out there on the 930 but there is on the 830 so I looked at those too. I saw that they had a spring arm tensioner (I think that's right) but I don't see anything like that on the 930 which is a shame because cleaning that is what got the 830 handwheel back to turning easily.
I can turn that fan forward fairly easily but don't want to do that too much because I don't want to cause another problem.
I was also able to join bernina 30somethings and downloaded the service manual. That will come in handy.

I really appreciate your help Annette. I think eventually together we can get this machine working or come to a point where you say, take it to the tech lol. The plastic gears I've seen look good, no cracks or serious wear.

I still don't know where that gear is that everyone says gets stuck. Right now I can't for the life of me think of what it is. BASTE yes, whew. I have a picture of it but I can't find it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567107[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails baste.jpg