View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 10:41 PM
quiltingcandy

I buy spray starch in the can when I can't find the one in the bottle. I usually get Faultless or Niagra - again is depends on what I can find. The Dollar Tree has a nice one that I buy from time to time Maybe because it is so casual down here, but sometimes it is hard to find spray starch. (I don't use it enough to consider making my own.)

Like Peckish, I use a stiletto to help guide fabric when I am piecing fabrics - once you get your finger hit by the needle bar going up and down you realize why people need it. And it is nice to use when ironing those smaller pieces - they do get hot.

For basting - I prefer to use the temporary adhesive sprays like 505 or Sulky 2000. But I do use the Elmer's School Glue sticks (or whatever brand I find on sale) to keep seams matched and to hold long seams. I usually have the Clover clips hold it while the glue dries. (If I can avoid using pins, I will.)

Peckish provided you the acronyms path - you will find your favorites to use. It really doesn't take long to get to know them. When I started people kept using LQS and it threw me a curve until it dawned on me that it meant Local Quilt Shop. It's okay to ask if people use one that makes no sense to you. Think of "LOL" - means laugh out loud to a lot of people, for others it mean Lots of Love.

Welcome and stick with us - as a rule we are all friendly people and like to help others.