View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 07:50 AM
Mickey2

I would keep the 201, it has become my favorite. Mine has the external motor with drive belt too, and it's in a small table. I need a freearm model and I like my Supermatic; the rubber drive pulley is now replaced by an aluminium version with O-rings, and it runs very nicely now. It has a lot of double layer cams for various fancy stitches I am keeping it.

The 411g sounds like a very nice machine too, but I have never owned one. Some have the 401 as a favorite, but it's hard to choose the flat bed over the freearm version. Do you use either of them? The build with all metal gears on these are a notch above most machines. A swing needle machine with various sitches is a must, as well as at least one free arm (The Supermatic has a more advanced cam mechanism, nice stitch quality and a narrow free arm, but a few plastic gears).

If you ever need a portable machine it has to be either the Featherweight or the Grasshopper. I guess it has to come down to which one you use, the accessories you have for them, and if you go for the the freearm or flatbed. A Feathweight carries a bit of prestige these days and it's very cute, but I don't know how practical minded you are this way.

I have to sell my second 201, it's just too many machines around lol

Last edited by Mickey2; 01-31-2017 at 07:54 AM.