Thread: Antenae for TV
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 12:07 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Please forgive my horrible spelling that's developed after my concussion from falling down a flight of stairs and landing on my head and shoulder. I've been thinking of buying one of those gizmo's that attach to the back of your TV and is advertised as able to bring in HDTV programming without other costs. Does anyone know if they would work on a TV that doesn't have a cable attached to it?

A few years ago we stopped Direct TV to our den TV since we weren't watching it in there. Since my accident I'd like to start it again but can't justify the additional cost of the card that runs the programming on that TV. I see that other gizmo advertised on TV as bringing in a good picture but I don't want to waste the money if it won't work.
We attached an antennae to a small tv in the basement...it will pull in some channels fromabout 30 miles or so. So we get ABC, CBS, and NBC. Also the CW and Fox. Some public tv channels but if weather is crazy, the signal fades in and out.

But it is worth a try in my opinion. If we didn't like some the cable channels, we would save ourselves a ton of money by going with an antennae instead of cable.