View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:16 PM
tuckyquilter

Originally Posted by Twilliebee View Post
....and curiosity, too. I have a few vintage machines right now: Singer 201-3, 411G, 401, 221 and 128, Elna Grasshopper and Supermatic, pink and purple Brother Tingler, and 3 Japanese clones because they're just beautiful. After all the power outages this winter I'm putting some real effort into finding a treadle. So my question is, if you could keep a maximum of 3 machines what would you pick? Also, does someone have a favorite treadle for FMQ or for piecing? Favorite electric? Thanks everyone. This feels like an impossible decision!
Oh keep them ALL. You already have them, you hopefully use them. Why get rid of something you might want down the road. I have a 1910 Singer Redeye Treadle. Sylvie sews beautiful stitches. Found her on Craigslist for $200 which wasn't bad for my area. She was locked up tighter than a drum but I just started oiling the heck out of her and she was running in a couple of weeks. I sew on her all the time. There is probably a photo of her in My Machines in my albums.

Keep and just ADD the treadle.