Thread: Robot Vacuums
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Sewnoma

I gave my Roomba away - one of my cats kept sleeping on it, and he'd step on the buttons and fire it up - it'd run loose in the house all day and finally run out of juice and it'd take me forever to find it! (Because of course it never died in plain view, always under some furniture in some back room you'd never expect it!)

I also had to clean it out constantly, often halfway through a cycle, because our lab/husky shed more than the little compartment could handle.

Both of those pets have passed away since, so I'm considering a new Roomba. Aside from those issues, I really liked my Roomba, and I know they've improved since I had mine - the waste compartment is larger and now they've got ones smart enough to park themselves back on the charger when it's running low on juice. It actually did a really good job on our laminate & tile floors, and usually had no trouble with our area rugs either. One rug with a curly corner would sometimes catch it, but rugs that lay properly flat were no trouble for it at all. It came with infrared "walls" that you could set up to confine it to a certain space. Pretty cool, if you ask me!