View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Kwiltr, you did a fantastic job on the quilting... you must be proud of your accomplishments and improvements you have made since getting your machine in October. Had you done much longarm quilting before you bought your APQS Lenni?

Love the pattern and JR collection you used. It really is a beautiful quilt.
Thank you jmoore and everyone else who has taken the time to look and comment on my quilt. I really appreciate it!!

Three years ago, I bought a HQ Sweet Sixteen Sitdown machine and started FMQ'ing my own quilts and eventually starting doing some quilting for our local Quilts 4 Kids group. I really was getting tired of the quilt basting process and had been contemplating a longarm set up for awhile when I saw that APQS had put their Lenni's on sale this past summer. I called the dealer and put a deposit down without even seeing one in person. After a few days of panic, I called the dealer with my reservations, and he offered to block out a day for me to come and play on one of their rentals for a day to put my worry to rest. So I travelled eight hours to the dealer with a small quilt sandwich and stayed until it was filled with quilting. That was the total of my longarm experience. I've now done 7 small quilts on Lenni. I think that my time on the Sweet Sixteen and the skills learned on it, even though a Sitdown, have really helped me transition to the longarm. Having said all that, I still have a long way to go, and it is so much fun to keep trying!