View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 02:13 PM
miriam
Power Poster

K-roll, I've had two days in a row feeling sewing machine stupid. First, yesterday I tried to use my 1880s Davis. It shredded and made thread knots all over the place. I studied it for a long time then figured out it had a bent shuttle carrier. Ok not much I can do with that until I'm in the shop. So today I thought I would sew on a Brother I had brought over. I had already cleaned and oiled it but I must not have test sewn with it. The darn thing was spitting out bobbins as fast as I put them in. First I thought maybe the bobbins were malformed or rusted or something weird so I looked them over, tried a NEW out of the box bobbin. Same thing... Eject. All over the bottom of the case. So I thought maybe I should clean the bobbin area just in case there was dried up oil. Nope. I had already cleaned that whole mess. So I fished out a box of bobbin cases and tried a different bobbin case. Maybe there was something I didn't see. Nope. So I got thinking maybe somebody used the wrong bobbin case. Sure enough it needed a long slot bobbin case. Geez, I knew that. I've been using the machine between visitors and loving my Brother.