View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 05:25 AM
Snooze2978

Same here, I don't keep track as I'm usually working on a number of projects at one time. Unless the project really has my interest, it might get pushed aside for another one that does peek my interest. Then I'll go back to it again.

I started the Allietaire (Bonnie H's mystery from 2015), lost interest after getting the sections put together but not into blocks. Pulled it out about a month ago and got the blocks made up, pushed it aside again as another project became more urgent. Also cut all the circles, batting pieces and center 5" fabrics for a blue jean cathedral window quilt for a young boy in our congregation. Its sitting on the sidelines right now as I hadn't planned on sewing it up yet. Now I'm cutting all the strips for a quilt retreat class, getting it ready to go though the retreat isn't till mid March.

Each project has its own plastic container so nothing gets lost or mixed up. Right now I'm trying to finish up the smaller projects that have been up on my Design Wall for what seems like forever. Then I can go back to a project, a diamond logcabin quilt pattern I purchased from one of our own ladies here on the Board. Couldn't decide how to finish off the corners till I asked the recipent how she'd like it. Now I have the info but no room to pull it out.

I have a rod going along the hallway in my basement. It holds my backings, pieces of battings seamed together and marked what size they are at that time, fabrics I'm using on whatever project is not finished, flimsies waiting to be quilting, etc. Then I made a shelf just for each project waiting to be started. Their fabrics, pattern, etc. and as I find a fabric I think might work on a certain project I can put it with the rest of the project. Everything has been neatly folded so it doesn't get wrinkled. The backings on my rod have labels on them for which project they go to so I don't use it for something else.