Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
bailey

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Originally Posted by bailey
Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Bailey,
I just love the fabric you chose and the hex's are really gorgeous. The blocks you've shown are really very different. How many hexagons did you cut (stacks of 6)?
Thanks, they are turning out so different from each other and from the starting fabric. Not sure how these will go together though. I think I have 90 blocks cut (sets of 6) - I won't cut anymore now until I get those sewn together and see where I am at then. Still have enough fabric do to a few more if I need them.
How tall are your triangles? You should have a good number to play with once they get sewn together. I just finished sewing my half hexs together into strips. This is my 4th OBW. I was just trying to figure out how big an area your 90 blocks will cover. My blocks were cut from 3.5" strips and 90 of them would be about 50" X 50". Do you have a planned finished size in mind? Looking at your pics., yours seem larger than mine.
I cut the triangles 3 3/4" and I hope I can make a few cubes to go in there as well. I would really like to end up with a queen size. I have enough fabric right now to be able to add a border of the original fabric or something - don't know what to make it larger.