View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 06:54 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
I think most well known patterns are easily recognized at a show. Like Judy neimeyer I don't need someone to tell me it's her pattern because I will recognize it right away as hers. Most quilts I see at shows from patterns are easily recognizable.
I would say that way less than 50% of the people at a quilt show would recognize patterns. We come to see the beautiful quilts or make a few ourselves, but some of us don't ever look at the quilts on the internet.

I made a quilt at a class but made the blocks larger (couldn't see wasting 1/2 inch of fabric on each block) made the quilt much larger (I don't do many wall hangings, I want large quilts) and my sashing was much narrower (I thought the wide sashing took away from the center stars, and this way the stars "float" more). Then I put a very different border on it. Is that an original design? If you saw the original, it would be easily recognizable in mine, but you would see the difference.

I made a "Simple squares" about a year ago. Then Jenny Doan made one just like it. Who's on first? Mine was on point so it looks quite different.