View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 08:41 AM
maryfrang

I recently make finished a tshirt quilt for someone. She provided the shirts, fabric for the backing and a interfacing that was not what I have used before in a tshirt quilt. Well, to put the quilt together using her fabrics, for both the front and back (they back was tshirts too) and I did some quilting on my home machine, she thought $150 was too much. It goes to show you, that they do not want cheaper, they do not want to pay for your time to make the quilt. They think that our time is free, but I have to say it is not. When I had my quilting business, I would charge $15 for sewing or putting the quilt top together. I also charge that for cutting and putting the interface on the tshirts. It took me over 20 hours to cut, prepare the 24 shirts for the front and back, then to sew the sashing and borders on. Then it took me over 5 hrs to simply to quilt in the ditch. I was not please with what I did. But she got what she paid for. I do not know how else to put it. So be careful, the cheaper quilt could ruin your representation. I will not be doing any more quilts unless they pay me full price. sorry.