View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:14 AM
lindahharris

Our golden, Zoe, just had her 5th birthday. We bought her at 5 weeks old. I think she was born growling and chewing. She chewed our coffee table, 2 queen size sheets, back door facing, chewed a hole in the bathroom wall, ate 5 red tip shrubs and pulled them up by the roots, destroyed 3 throw rugs, countless socks, a $10 dollar bill, rolls of toilet paper, 2 unplugged cords, and the last thing was the last quilt my grandmother made. I was sick. Zoe had to go. Husband said, " No, we have the same birthday." She was already going to a trainer that (I found out later) did not treat her right. Lots of money and no training. I found another trainer. I told him to please help me get her under control or help find her another home. I left her with him not knowing what I was going to do. Goldens are supposed to be good dogs. Zoe is our second golden. Terry (the new trainer) called me 2 days later. He said I could come get Zoe. I arrived at Terry's and asked him could he help Zoe. He brought her to me healing and sitting and walking on his right side. I use a cane on my left side. The first trainer taught her to walk on his left side. He said he forgot. Zoe and I continued to train with Terry every week for 2 years. She did not learn to come when I call her. Her vet. jokingly said she had doggy ADHD. She is better now. I think she is a late bloomer. She also could not be a therapy pet dog. Maybe I will try when she is a little older.