View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:21 AM
knadwyer

I used to have little scrap fabric in 6 big black bags and thread in a big old metal cookie tin and big fabric here and there. And then it got worse and worse. First thing I attacked was the thread. I bought one of those peg thread hang up thingies at Joann's. Then I went back and got 3 more (one is just for cone thread). And I used those wire things that attach to an existing shelf to make sub-shelf baskets that I had lying around for the duplicates of the cone threads and the ones that didn't fit once the peg thing was full.

Then I loaded up the thread ROY G. BIV (rainbow) style. It makes me smile to look at.

Next thing I attacked was the 6 bags of tiny scraps. I passed a thrown out Kindergarten cubicle, made a U-turn and loaded it into my car. Then I bought 20 clear acrylic boxes in ea.cube and filled by color! Done and labeled.

Then I bought equiv. of my Dad's little engineering box of boxes. Mine is a modern clear acrylic type w/ little and bigger boxes. I bought one little,one big and one 1/2 &1/2 and store zillions of machine feet, q. gloves,clips etc in those labeled boxes.

Last thing I just did is cleared off 2 more contiguous bookshelves, and wrapped my fabric around comic book boards for months. This past weekend I loaded up 6 shelves w/ my q. fabric in Roy G. Biv (rainbow) order and I am starting to feel sane, plus I want to pre-cut up my now overloaded K.cubicles into 2" 3.5" and 5" squares plus 2.5" jelly rolls.

Just do one "area" at a time between projects.