View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
pewa88, I don't have your machine but I do have a couple of others and one thing that I've always been cautioned about from different teachers, most machines have problems using large USB sticks. I guess that's why most come with a 2 or 4G. I know that its nice to have every thing on one stick but the machines don't always like it. Can't hurt to try a smaller one, they are really cheap.
I've never had a problem using sticks as large as 8G in my Janome machines(200e, 350e and 500e) until yesterday. I regularly switch sticks between machines with no issues. Well, I finally did it. I was going to use my 350 yesterday, loaded a few designs onto a stick I've been using alot, mostly with my 500e, and the 350e wouldn't read the stick. Nothing, nada showed up. I've used this stick before in the 350e so it must be that it has too many designs on it. I put the stick into the 500e and it worked, so had to use the 500e to do the embroidery. Now I know that if an 8G stick has too many designs it won't work in my other machines, and I'm wondering how many more I can put on it before the 500e won't read it.

Cari