View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Pennyhal

I have eight machines. I can't seem to get rid of one because each machine does one thing much better than any of the other seven. Having said that, the newer machines make most things easier to work with. I just wanted to do more stuff. Some of those really big machines do everything including the kitchen sink. The down side for me is that they tend to be complicated to use. They often try to merge a computer with the sewing machine. I had purchased a bigger Bernina last year and it took forever for me to find the right screen to do what I wanted to do. On my old Bernina, there was a button right there on the front of the machine. I ended up trading it in for a Babylock. The model I got has a bigger throat than any of the other machines I have and is perfect for quilting. So if you think one of the newer machines would enhance your sewing pleasure, why not get one? You may just need to take one machine with you when you travel between places. Beside, you only live once. Lick the bowl.