View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 05:25 PM
lots2do

Yes, some of the smaller machines had a dial on the top that regulated the pressure of the presser foot. I had never heard of such a thing. I was supposed to zig zag so I'm not sure if I could use my walking foot. I didn't get anything done. The little round base got completely stuck under the foot and I had to tug and tug to get it out. I was so afraid I was going to break my machine. The table idea is a good one. I'm just not feeling much desire to take many classes right now. Ironically, when I was teaching, I loved taking classes. Now that I'm retired, I'm happy to sew at home! Go figure!
I really don't have a burning desire to make these. It just looked like fun. Some of those bowls are very nice. After talking to a friend today who doesn't sew but does do other crafts, I realized I could take a class at our state quilt show where machines are provided, if only to try out a bigger machine. Then I could try out a different model and maybe take advantage of a discount after the class.
I really appreciate all of you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.