View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 09:42 AM
QuilterMomma

Originally Posted by annette1952 View Post
Wow! Just beautiful! Can't wait to see the next one. I, personally love that style but I'm not the one getting married! lol Is she designing a dress that she likes? She is going to be a beautiful bride.
She has pinned some dresses on Pinterst for me to do. It is not easy finding patterns for those ideas so I will be modifying a pattern to her liking. I am taking a class from Craftsy on Couture Sewing. It is helpful.

Her wedding will be a couple more years down the road. I wanted to start working on it now so I am ready in time to enjoy the whole wedding planning instead of hustling at the last minute and stressing.

I will see if she will wear to the reception. She may just so the other does not get ruined. We shall see.

I used a wool batting in this dress. The backing was organza which helped to keep it light and then I did a lining. There are no open seams on this dress at all. I took apart my old wedding dress for pattern pieces for this one. If I made it again, I would most likely put a cool edging on the bottom of the skirt to add some pop and then also on the bodice top for added pop.

This dress has been accepted into Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show at the end of this month. It is in the mail to them now.

Yes, agree, a bolero jacket would be terrific. That may be my next quilted adventure. I also think a clutch out of the scraps would be cool as well. I have time to get those done before the local quilt show here in October.