View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 10:06 AM
IrishKaren

I had a ton of Christmas fabrics I'd collected through the years and decided that it's time to use them up. I'm making six lap quilts, all the same design. Everything that was one yard or under, I cut into 5 1/2" squares and cut a background fabric into squares. So far I've used white, ecru and yellow for backgrounds. I alternate the squares and set them on point. I use a different fabric, usually with the larger prints, for a border. They look surprisingly different with the change in backgrounds and borders. I have three tops made and pin basted, ready to put on a hoop and quilt. They came out to about 62" or 64" square. I knew if I tried to make them all different with patterns, I'd end up dithering over details and wondering if someone would think theirs wasn't as nice or fancy as the others. That was just me, the kids wouldn't think that way. I'm glad I chose the simple way, though. Those tops made up quick and easy.

Look at the picture in the Quilting Ideas Needed thread to see how my quilts look. It's the same design as mine.

Last edited by IrishKaren; 02-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.