View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 11:10 AM
PatriciaPf

Default Pfaffs with IDT

Originally Posted by Coodoo View Post
Thanks, I'm in Central New Jersey.

Wintersewer, can you tell me some of the Pfaff models that you like? I was looking for a mid-line model Pfaff... 875?
Can you explain IDT?

Anyone buy on the Goodwill auctions? They are not really tested, most just plugged in to see if they have power. But some look like new.

Thanks for all the good advice. I know it's best to try and buy in person, but there are some great bargains online.
I have owned and used a Pfaff 1473CD with IDT since 1989. It has never failed me, though I am not a prolific seamstress. IDT means Integrated Dual Transportation, dual feed, in a nutshell. That feature is the primary reason I bought the machine. I have never used the Creative Designer, but I still hope for enough time to play with it. I has many built-in decorative stitches in addition to a number of very useful utility stitiches. Good used 1473s are not cheap, but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I know I will never part with mine. Here is a link that shows how IDT works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijQzDYfHeEs

Last edited by PatriciaPf; 02-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.