View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 11:13 PM
quiltingshorttimer

my Guild just did this and I forgot to take a picture before I sent the on--but we used a pattern out of one of the BLOCK magazines--Fall and can't remember the year but think it was 2015. they were about 20x22. I did not use the pattern--I just sewed my strips to the bat a la QAYG and attached the handles right onto the outside, then I folded up and did side seams and boxed the inside corners. I then made up the lining with pockets on each side. You do the side seams and boxed corners just like the outside, but leave a space big enough in the bottom to reach through and pull the outside through. then pop the outside into the lining (right side of the outside next to wrong side of the lining) and sewed the lining to the outside at the top and topstitched it too. then you just pull the whole outside through the lining and sew up the space.

My daughter does therapy with foster care kids and others--but has been working with the foster care kids for the last 12 yr--she says one thing that they all repeat is how "throw away" they feel when they are moved from foster care to foster care homes with all their worldly belongings in trash bags--so I applaud you for wanting to do this project. If all quilters made 2 we could probably come close to solving this problem. What do you say, quilters?