Old 02-12-2017, 11:38 PM
quiltingshorttimer

good for you Treadler! I co-teach beginners classes with a partner for our Guild. We cover basically everything other than paper piecing and Y-seams--but we do it in 21 hrs over 7 weeks! With your class, I would emphasize accurate cutting with rotary/rulers, pressing seams and that elusive 1/4"seam. I'd get them started on the pattern, but also make sure to tell the that they likely are not going to finish in the 2 hr class but you'll be around to help during the conference--maybe give them your email for follow-up? I'd be sure to emphasize that perfection is not a must! Someone on this board has a motto something like--perfection stifles creative, striving for excellence is what is important. One think to consider: will your instructions include how to finish (quilt & bind)? We use "story boards" in our classes--showing samples of the different steps, along with written instructions and demos--that way we are teaching to all styles of learning (yeah, we're both retired educators). Sounds like you'll have a good class--time will be your only obstacles cause I can guarantee they won't want to stop at 2hrs!