Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Ours is almost paid for. Moving is a nightmare from Hell. If you are happy there, then stay. Try to find somebody to fix things. Renting can be as expense or more than owning your own house. Besides nobody can give you trouble if you paint the den purple.
I'm NEVER moving again! It is a nightmare, especially if you're a pack rat like me. :-)

Would like to say my house is almost paid off but... When I was house hunting, I had a list of what I wanted, based on having lived in apartments and my condo. Got most of it, glad to say. The rest i can live without or add later.

Top of my list was finding a house where I can live now (still active at 58) but can also live comfortably in when I retire (way things are going, that may be when I,m 83!). My little Cape Cod house has two bedrooms and full bath on the first floor so it's essentially a ranch style, only with another two bedrooms and bath upstairs. (Sounds big but the square footage is small.) I tell everyone that when I die, they can bury me in the backyard. As I said, I'm never moving again!!