View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Wintersewer

I'm in CNY, so too far for you. I have a 1530 and a 1540. They are basically the same machine but the 1530 does not have a threader. Both have the IDT, which is a built-in walking foot. This works very well, is easy to engage, and there are many feet to use with it. (Incidentally, Janome and Bernina also have some machines with a built-in walking foot, by various names, but none can compare to the original Pfaff. The Bernina is only on their upper level machines and does NOT work as well. They even suggest that for quilting one use their walking foot [$140-$200 extra]. The Janome works well, but is very difficult to install, and each foot change requires a complete change of screw in foot, not just the bottom snap in part. But I digress....) These Pfaff work well, but are, I guess "lower level"

I also have two 6270 (my favorites), what I call more, "mid=level". There are several others (6250, plus others) with fewer features, but also computerized. I have several newer machines, Bernina and Janome, but none gives me the precise piecing that these Pfaff machines do, and I don't need a ss plate or special foot. I also have a 7530, and a 1222, which I don't care for. All my machines have the IDT. Pfaff made many machines with the IDT and many without, you just have to look at each machine, or ask on here....someone might know. If you have a good photo of the foot at an angle it will be obvious. The 875 does not have it.

Re: the Janome dual feed, my hands are old, arthritic and knarly......folks with better hands might not have the trouble installing the feet that I do. They work well, but are too clunky to do 1/4" accurately, IMHO.

Any more questions?

[QUOTE=Coodoo;7762250]Thanks, I'm in Central New Jersey.

Wintersewer, can you tell me some of the Pfaff models that you like? I was looking for a mid-line model Pfaff... 875?
Can you explain IDT?