View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 12:21 PM
mtkoldra

Default Periwinkle or Arkansas snowflake quilt

Here it is. The top is done. 6th in line to be quilted, so it will be a while before it is finished. Told my DH to not let me do another big quilt, ha, ha.

I believe I have seen picture on this forum of a quilt made using paper piecing method, inspired maybe by MSQC. I fell in love with the pattern but since I do not do PP I decided to make my own template and I started to work out imperfections in it, by making several blocks. I think I got it right the blocks came out good, but of course in the mean time I started cutting fabric for 'Arkansas Snowflake' blocks. Being so excited making this quilt I did not pay attention how I ironed seams, which direction thus a few days ago, I have posted a question on the 'Main page' about piecing these blocks . So many of you gave me a great advise and here it is. All pieced together (my house not big enough to show the whole quilt). Imperfections? many, still so much to learn to make it better and easier.... Hats of to you ladies who make these beautiful quilts. Thank you all for your suggestions .

I totally did not pay attention on stars orientation and if light connects to dark star...... oh well.....
Attached Thumbnails arkansas-snowflake.jpg